Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Monday Made It! Halloween Mantle, Biome Unit, Halloween Math Centers and more!

Hooray!!  I am so excited to link up with Tara for her Monday Made It!

So, first off, I FINALLY feel like I approve of my Halloween mantle decor. :)  You know that feeling that you play around with it until it's right?  Well, every year I change it, so this year was no different.  The only thing that I COULDN'T do this year was attach plug-in lights.  Why?  Because Baby B. would be pulling them down! :(  So...if anyone out there with a 1.5 year old has any decorating tips...especially for the upcoming Christmas season, I am welcome to ANY SUGGESTIONS!!! :)

I did use battery powered lights this year, so that solved my problems. 

The banner is a free printable from Yesterday on Tuesday's Blog.  In the future I might make it look cuter with ribbon...you know, when the said 1.5 year old isn't running around. :)
 Ok, well, if you read my blog you know that I am teaching in a WHOLE new school (middle!) and a WHOLE new grade (6th!),  That being said, I really cannot use ANY of my old stand-by's for Halloween, math, science, etc. So...I have been relishing in the fact that I am having FUN creating new things for my students to do....and even MORE fun is the fact that 6th graders STILL LOVE CUTE THINGS! :)


Case in point:

I made these vocabulary foldables for our Interactive Science Notebooks.  That night, I would say 75% of my classes went home and did this:


Awesomeness. :)  

We have been working very hard with our Biome Unit, and if you follow my blog, you will know that I am in the beginning stages of trying my hand at "Flipping" my classroom, where as the students are the teachers, and I am the facilitator.  So far, so good:

 They love working throughout the room--which I am totally fine with! :)  They work hard, so that is all that matters. :)

Over all, I love the Biome unit we are doing, and I CANNOT wait for the presentations!!!!  I'll be blogging about that SOON!!!!!

You can read more about this here, plus the unit is 20% off for the rest of the week!:






My last made it, I've talked about before HERE, but for the rest of the week they are 20% off!  Just in time for Halloween! :)

I hope that you all have a FABULOUS month of October!!  If you haven't grabbed MY FREEBIE Halloween TREAT which is just a PREVIEW of these centers (1 of the 5) be sure to get it!  Just click the picture below, and please don't forget to leave feedback! :)


1 comment:

  1. Cute science foldable! I love that the big kids still think that the "cute" stuff is fun. I have some fifth graders that like to pretend they are tough kids, but when it comes down to it, they love the cutesy stuff. :)

    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate feedback, sharing of thoughts and ideas, and comments. Please feel free to leave a comment. :) I will always try very hard to comment back!!! :)