Sunday, November 16, 2014

Monday Made It! Thanksgiving Mantle & Crafts, and Christmas Comes EARLY

It's November, so it's time for my Monday Made it with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics :)



I don't know if this is a "Made It" or more of an "I-Put-It-Together" :)  It's my Thanksgiving Mantle. :)


However, I did print and make The Give Thanks banner that I got HERE.  I printed it out, and put it onto some pretty brown ribbon that I got from Michael's.  
I am in love with everything on it, and it makes the house look so cozy!!!
 These cute little hedgehogs I got from Big Lots, and they make it look very woodland-which is what I wanted.
 These light up birch trees I am IN LOVE WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They're from Target in the Christmas section.  I got them this year, and I plan to use them ALL year round.  They remind me of home (Northern Michigan).  The little string lights mixed with the leaves are from Hobby Lobby.

I'm also in love with the brown light up owl from Big Lots, also.  I plan to keep that out year round now somewhere, too. :)  The leaves are from Pier 1.  
I am thinking of now making my mantle for Christmas woodland themed too, so I can keep the trees.  I'm in the market now for some cute woodsy pine trees, so if you know of anywhere that has what I am looking for, leave me a comment, please. :)

My second made it was a craft that I did with my son.  It is our Thanksgiving card for our families.
I was Pinspired by this pin:


My problem is that my son does NOT keep his hand open and still enough to make super perfect hand prints (he is only 18 months old).  So we did ours a little bit differently:

In the world of school, I have been math centering away! :)  We have been doing math centers once a week in my classroom, and the whole week of Halloween, so that inspired me to make some for Thanksgiving and Christmas, too!   My students had a BLAST during Halloween!  Plus, as I blogged about the other day--help me work with small groups of my 6th graders. :)


You can also download some FREE RESOURCES, too to help with your Thanksgiving and Christmas lesson planning.  Just click on the picture to download:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate feedback, sharing of thoughts and ideas, and comments. Please feel free to leave a comment. :) I will always try very hard to comment back!!! :)