Saturday, June 7, 2014

Elementary Classroom Decorating

Linking up this post today with The Teaching Tribune (I tried to add the picture, but my computer keeps freezing).  Happy Throwback Thursday!!!!!




Yes, I know that this is technically a middle school blog, but I am still in transition from one place to another.  With that being said, I would like to reminisce about all of the fun I've had decorating an elementary school classroom.  My new classroom for 6th grade is about half as small with only two bulletin boards in it, so I have been thinking pretty hard about how I want to tackle decorating it this upcoming school year.

So, I thought what better way to go out of elementary teaching with a bang than to highlight some of my favorite classroom themes that I have done in the past. :)

1.  Owls
This was my current classroom theme.  I really liked how colorful it was, and the students seemed to like it, too.



2.  Beach Theme

 3.  Jungle/Survivor Theme



 4.  Camping Theme (my favorite that I did, I think!)





So, now I'm thinking of how I will decorate my middle school classroom! :)  I probably won't do a theme per say, but I might stick with some sort of color combination...probably bright colors because the room is smaller.

Any ideas?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate feedback, sharing of thoughts and ideas, and comments. Please feel free to leave a comment. :) I will always try very hard to comment back!!! :)