Tuesday, June 10, 2014

TWO for TUESDAY Linky (SALE!)

How much fun was yesterday linking up and meeting everyone???  Again today I am linking up with The Teaching Tribune for their Summer Bloggin' Series.  

Today I am putting two of my TPT products on sale for 50% off!! YAY!
Here are the two products that I chose:

BOTH of these units I used this year and they worked GREAT, and they are two of my best sellers. Best part is they are only $4.00 each today!!!:)  Taffy of Torpedo Junction is maybe not the most COMMON book, but it is a great historical fiction adventure novel!  It aligns great with NC history, so it was a great book for me to use, and to use across the curriculum!  It's on the Battle of the Books list for NC this next year, too!

Poppy was another book that I did for the first time this year, and I LOVED that book as well (it might be one of my new top 5 teaching books).  This also worked well with our curriculum and tied in habitats and animals wonderfully (it's a great book to use with owl pellets!!)!

Both units are rigorous and fun!  They kept my class engaged and they worked well independently or in a group setting with each one. These units would also be great for literature circles, too.  I hope that if you choose to purchase them, you enjoy them!  Just click on the picture above, and it will take you directly to my TPT store.

On a side note, today I also added a FREEBIE to my TPT site!  I mean, even though things are 50% off--who doesn't love a FREEBIE?
I used this Character Comparison poster to have my students compare two characters from DIFFERENT stories that we ready this year.  They either compared them using a similar character trait OR a similar situation.  The posters made a great hallway display, PLUS they engaged the students in higher order thinking skills!

Please enjoy perusing my site, and I hope that you enjoy the novel units if you choose to purchase them!!!!!  

Again, I'm sorry that my TPT site is all of my lessons from 4th grade at the moment.  I only knew that I would be teaching 6th grade in May, so please follow me by blog or TPT store for all of my updated 6th grade files and adventures! :)  

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for introducing us to these books. They are definitely going on my "to buy" list.

    A Teaspoon of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Melissa! I really did enjoy them (Poppy probably more than Taffy honestly). Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate feedback, sharing of thoughts and ideas, and comments. Please feel free to leave a comment. :) I will always try very hard to comment back!!! :)