Monday, June 23, 2014

Meet Me Monday & I Made it Linkies

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend! Today is one of my FAVORITE blogging days of the week.  First, I am linking with The Teaching Tribune for their Summer Bloggin' Series.  


1.  Yes, I HATE watermelon.  I can't even stand ANY type of melon!  I always feel like an outcast at BBQ's because people will offer it to me, and I say "no thank you, I don't like watermelon" and I get shocked faces.
2.  If you have read my blog a little, you know that I am the proud parent of a preemie!!! :)  He is a 25 weeker who was born at 1 pound 9 ounces last May.  It was a rough road to say the least.  98 days in the NICU, 5 surgeries, and one SUPER close call,  but now when you look at him you would NEVER know he was born that early...actually, when you see him you WOULD know he was born that early because he is EVERYWHERE!!!!  There is no way he would have stayed in until 40 weeks!  You can see pictures of him on my "About Me" page.
3.  I have never, ever, EVER seen the movie Star Wars (insert gasp here).  I know that I should watch it sometime.  I'm not a big movie watcher, though. I can only watch a movie one time, and I am not one of those people that have a HUGE collection of DVD's because I literally will only watch a movie once, unless it's in my top 5.

I can't wait to hop on over and meet the rest of you today!!!! :)

I am also linking today with Tara from Fourth Grade Frolics and her


We have been a little busy getting ready for our trip to Michigan, and I also have been still in school up until Thursday, but here is what I've got. :)  It's also my FIRST middle school thing that I have made!

SO, my friend Mallory and I right now taught at the same school last year, and this year we are both taking a leap to middle school (different middle schools).  We have been talking during our work days about what different things would look like as far as processes and procedures.  She was talking about how her school did exit tickets, so I made this for the both of us.  

Essentially, before our students will leave math class, they will solve one last multiple choice problem on a sticky note.  They MUST show their work (we're both math teachers) and put their name on it.  As they walk out the door, they will stick their note up under the matching letter.  A quick little "exit ticket", and honestly, what kid doesn't like a post-it note. :)  The students that have the question wrong, we plan to save their sticky note until the next day and they will can try it again as past of their morning work, or get help from a classmate to coach them on the problem


Ok, well I don't have a picture of this YET, but I will today, and I will post on my Facebook page, so if you aren't follower yet, come on over for a visit. :)  So, I should say that this should be I HOPE I make it.  We leave for Michigan today, and with the advice of some sweet bloggers last week, we are taking the advice and leaving this evening and driving overnight (I have't done that for about 10 years!).  The thing is we are traveling with an energetic 1 year old, 2 dogs, 2 kayaks, ALL of the things that the said 1 year old will need for 4 weeks, everything WE will need for 4 weeks, and the trip is about 13.5 hours!!  Yikes.  Wish us luck!!!  ha ha


post signature


13 comments:

  1. Your little boy is so cute! I can't imagine what a tough road that was for your family. My babies both spent 1 night in the NICU for jaundice - and I thought that was scary! Its amazing how resilient those little people are:) I'm your newest follower!

    Stephanie
    Technology Timeout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie! I'm headed over your way, now! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Lori! That exit ticket idea is great! I need to do something like that in my room next year :) Enjoy your trip!

    Suzanna
    Surprisingly Seventh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzanna!!! I am hoping that it works! :)

      Delete
  3. I've never seen Star Wars, either! People think I'm crazy!

    One Teacher's Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited that I have discovered another middle school math teacher! I'm excited to be following you. : ]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm following you right back!! :)

      Delete
  5. I don't care for watermelon at all. The smell alone just about sends me into orbit. Your little one is just precious! I was premature too, but not as tiny as your son. I weighed 4 lbs, but by the look of me now you would never be able to tell. I'm almost 6 feet tall!
    Lol!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha! I think my husband hopes that Baby B will get that tall, too!! :)

      Delete
  6. First of all....have a SAFE trip! Just so you know you're not alone, I've never seen Star Wars either. And I'm okay with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We made it safely!! I'm OK with never having seen it either. :)

      Delete

I appreciate feedback, sharing of thoughts and ideas, and comments. Please feel free to leave a comment. :) I will always try very hard to comment back!!! :)