Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Two for TUESDAY! 50% off TPT items!

Happy Tuesday!!
I had so much fun yesterday checking out all of the Monday Made Its and Meet Me's!!   This is a blast!!!

Today I'm linking up again with The Teaching Tribune!  
That means TWO items in my TPT store are 50% off!!
This week I am putting the ENTIRE The Best Christmas Pageant Ever unit and my Bud, Not Buddy poster set on sale!

I loved using the Bud, Not Buddy posters this year!  I have always thought that teaching reading was my weakness, so this year I spent a LOT of time and energy doing different things to get my kids thinking BEYOND the text and using text based evidence to support their thinking.  These posters do just that.  It's a set of 5 different posters that you can print on LEGAL sized paper (it makes a prettier poster), but you can also scale them to be letter in the printer settings.  4 posters focus on main characters in the story, and the students need to identify character traits of that character AND give an example from the book to support their thinking.  The other poster is a comparison of two situations in the book.  For those of you that have read it, an underlying theme in part of it is segregation and the depression.  There are two situations in this book that I felt could be compared using higher order thinking skills.  The poster Bud sees when he eats breakfast at the mission depicting a rich white family in a fancy car to what he sees in real life when he gets to Hooverville.  My students did a GREAT job with this and coming up with comparisons and differences it was great!

I wish I would have taken pictures of how they turned out, but they looked really nice, and they were PERFECT for the hallway bulletin board!  I was also happy because they also showed that my students were using higher order thinking when they created them.

The second item I am putting up at half off is my The Best Christmas Pageant Ever unit.  It contains questions for all 7 chapters, discussion cards for all 7 chapters that can be used in literature circles, guided reading, or even in the classroom in place of the worksheets, a biopoem activity, and a final test.  I know it's June, but I guess you can never start thinking about Christmas too early. :)

I will also be having a FLASH FREEBIE one day this week, which I will announce to my Facebook followers!  So, if you haven't followed yet, please do! :)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate feedback, sharing of thoughts and ideas, and comments. Please feel free to leave a comment. :) I will always try very hard to comment back!!! :)